The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1673 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is an excellent entry--showing the heart of a real servant of God.
11/23/07
Beautifully expressed!
11/24/07
This is a very nice reminder that we all need to be praying for our minister and our church family. Thank you for sharing!
Laury
11/25/07
I love this perspective! Very moving.
11/26/07
This entry is so different and so touching. Thanks for reminding us that there are caring souls out there in whatever station of life who pray even for the 'undeserving'.
11/27/07
Creative and touching and yet real. It was easy to picture this whole scene, and what touched me most was the familiarity of a small church compared to the mega churches that are popular today. Loved the intimate touch of family and love through this servant. Loved teh way it ended with toilet service after pulpit duty.
11/28/07
Beautifully written. Very heartwarming. Loved it!
11/28/07
Beautiful picture of a servant's heart. Great approach to the topic. :)
11/28/07
Touching and real. I love the servant's heart you were able to portray in this story. The title beautifully finishes the story.
11/28/07
Oh, how tender and beautiful! I feel as if I know this wonderful man.
Where would we be without humble prayer warriors? This was well written, and a good read.
11/28/07
A very healthy EKG of a servant's heart. Excellent. God bless.
11/28/07
Poignant and beautiful.
Temple
Oh what a clever way of showing how those behind can sometimes be the most faithful and we don't even know it.
I love the way you showed us the heart of this prayer warrior. This was very touching and beautifully written. Well Done!
11/28/07
First - SO glad you're back - it's stories like this that remind me of how much I miss your writing.

The atmosphere and peace of this piece are wonderful and beautiful. Just excellent. I could picture every bit of this so vividly.
11/28/07
Oh, I love this!! What a beautiful man of God! Love it...
A sweet spirit filled this piece from beginning to end. Loved it.
11/29/07
What a wonderful example of a man totally committed to serving God. Nice job with the topic.
11/29/07
Congratulations on your EC. This was a really good piece.
This goes to prove that not only just the pastor, but everyone in the church contributes to the success of the ministry. What a tender story!
Great, great story. Congratualations on your EC win. This is just wonderful. Your writing and this story is beautiful.
12/06/07
I can see by the comments that you received, that "yours truly" did a pretty good job of playing "Judge for the week"...as the masses seem to agree with our assessment that this was Up and Above the call of duty! Congratulations David, a great story... I loved it.