THE ELEVENTH ANNUAL PAGE TURNER WRITING CONTEST
2017 - CHRISTIAN FICTION AND NON-FICTION
FaithWriters.com and Breath of Fresh Air Press are pleased to announce the eleventh annual Page Turner Writing Contest. If you are a member of the FaithWriters Platinum 500, you are invited to enter this very special contest created just for you.
Maybe you've got a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe. Perhaps it's something you wrote during NaNoWriMo last year. It could even be an idea that's been brewing in the back of your mind for years. Whatever the stage of your manuscript, this contest is the spur you need to write and polish-and we will give you until the end of September to get your entry ready.
Sound good? Well, here's what you need to do:
1. Write, edit and polish at least one chapter of your manuscript. You may seek professional editing input to polish your chapter.
2. Prepare a book proposal, including such things as the synopsis or book overview, the target reader (e.g. adult/young adult/women/new adult, etc.), the genre, similar books already on the market, and what makes your book different. Think of this as your pitch to a publisher. In other words, be concise, clear, and attention grabbing.
3. When you have a book overview and a polished first chapter, combine the two as one Word or RTF document (book overview first, followed by the chapter), and you're all set to enter the 2017 Page Turner Contest.
This year, there will be one Page Turner champion-the highest rated entry overall, chosen from either the Fiction or Nonfiction categories. This one champion will win:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $400 (US);
2. The offer of traditional publication of their winning manuscript by Breath of Fresh Air Press (which includes editing of the manuscript, if published by Breath of Fresh Air Press);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters' sites for twelve months following publication; and
Two Page Turner runners up will be chosen (one from each of the two categories-fiction and nonfiction). Each runner up will receive:
1. Two x one-hour, live online, mentoring sessions with Deb Porter through Finesse Writing and Editing Service.
2. Consideration for possible publication by Breath of Fresh Air Press
* Terms and conditions apply as outlined on the full information page for Platinum 500 members HERE.
Brief feedback on your entry by Deb Porter (Breath of Fresh Air Press) will be available after the contest is concluded. However, this feedback will only be provided at the entrant's request (which should be indicated by checking the appropriate box on the entry form. Many people enter the Page Turner purely for this very helpful feedback.
If you are a Platinum 500 member, you can find out more about this year's Page Turner contest HERE.
If you are a member of FaithWriters and would like to learn more about upgrading to a Platinum 500 member account, you can do so HERE.
If you are not yet a member of FaithWriters, and would like to find out more about the levels of membership, you can do so HERE.
If you have any queries regarding the 2017 Page Turner contest, or wish to confirm that your entry has been received, please contact Deb Porter via the contact page at Breath of Fresh Air Press: http://www.breathoffreshairpress.com/contact/