The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 383 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/19
Many great lessons in this story. I like the multi-layered example of youth, from Stevie being 10, to the prejudges of the mother towards the teens.
04/11/19
This is great! So many lessons here. Keep up the good work.
04/13/19
A good mirror to expose our own struggles with all of those not like ourselves. You exposed the assumptions we often have toward youth who don't fit the stereotype we grew up with. Good flow and finish.
04/13/19
A good mirror to expose our own struggles with all of those not like ourselves. You exposed the assumptions we often have toward youth who don't fit the stereotype we grew up with. Good flow and finish.
04/13/19
Wow! Great reminder of our judgmental behavior at every level. Gave me goosebumps. Well done!
04/13/19
Strong lesson, without any heavy-handedness. Very descriptive of the external and internal scenarios. Well done.
A lesson a 10-year-old will never forget; compassion, the effects of alcohol, the help that other youths willingly gave. Great teaching opportunity for the mother. Well done !
04/14/19
Fabulous!
Blessings~
04/16/19
What a great story with meaningful lessons. You painted the scene with your words. Well done!
I had to smile about Stevie teaching his mom. There's nothing more wonderful and maybe even sad when we are humbled by our kids. I remember the first time my son humbled me with his wisdom. I was so proud of him, but also a wee bit sad because he clearly didn't need me as much anymore. But then later he taught me he'd always need me, just in a different way. Great take on the topic.
This piece shows the heart of a mom, as well as the heart of her son and the "supposed" gang. I loved "the lesson."
Something the boy will never forget, for sure. I was reminded we should never judge a book by its cover when the teens approached, too.
I enjoyed this piece.
Congratulations on ranking 17 overall. Happy Dance!