The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 773 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/13/19
A thoughtful approach to the confusion that's swirling around our world, all within the word limit. Well done.
04/14/19
Loved this insightful entry, well done!
Blessings~
04/15/19
Interesting take on the topic, yet this is so sad. I have no words, other than you did a great job on describing the conflict the MC was experiencing.
I don't have words because the lump in my throat is blocking them. You did a brilliant job of telling this story. I felt like the MC was right in the room with me. It took a lot of courage to write on such a difficult situation. For me, the saddest part was how the MC didn't feel like returning to church. Recently the UMChurch had a worldwide general conference. The outcome left many feeling unwelcome, or worse, unworthy of God's or the Church's love. My son took 10 college students (a mixture of an openly gay student to an ultra-conservative one). It certainly wasn't easy for him, but I was so impressed by his ability to manage the situation. You have some minor punctuation issues and maybe some spots that need tweaking, but if you ever decide to publish this in a magazine or somewhere else, get in touch with me and I'll help. This needs to be read by as many people as possible. You did an awesome job in my opinion.
04/18/19
Congratulations on your 2nd place finish, Jack.

Your story deals with a difficult topic in an honest way.