The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1641 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/02/12
I wonder what will become of the writer and the photographer? Will they collaborate on a joint feature story? Crusade together for the renovation of the park where they probably fell in love? Have a wedding there? Your interesting story left so many questions...it would be a great novel opening:)I really liked it!
Well written. Kept me reading to the end and wanting more!
This is a delightful story with more than one message, depending what the reader needs to hear. I also find myself wondering about the people. I can't see a jet stream high above without imaging the people and why they are on the plane as I say a prayer for them. I could relate to this story in many ways. Nicely done.
11/08/12
You took me on a roller coaster ride of words. Great fun and suspense. I think this would be fantastic beginning to a romance novel!
11/08/12
Good job, Addie! Congrats!
11/08/12
Congratulations Addie for this great piece!
Great work with intrigue, atmosphere and suspense. Congratulations, Addie.
As others have said, I wanted to carry on reading, and was disappointed when the story stopped! Bautiful writing, so real and descriptve that you draw your readers right into the old fairground. Congratulations on your win - very well deserved.
11/08/12
After reading this, I have no doubt as to why the judges rated it so highly! It has such atmosphere, and the story line captured me from the beginning. Way to write! :)
Great piece. Congratulations!
11/08/12
This flows with so much energy, curiosity and imagery. A great start for a novel, and a well-deserved second-placing.
11/08/12
Congratulations on taking second place with this intriguing story. Of course I was hooked right off with the MC being a writer with a vivid imagination. I think it's unanimous that this should develop into a novel. Page Turner contest material? This was a very fun piece!
11/09/12
This story is filled with charm! I loved it. Congrats on your EC!
11/09/12
In a very short space, you have crafted a character that I want to know more about. That is definitely a good beginning! Maybe you will finish Lisa's story in the upcoming challenges. (Hint, hint) Or maybe you'll do what a really clever writer does to her reader . . . and invite us to finish it in the storytelling of our own minds.
11/09/12
This is a riveting story and beautifully written. I really enjoyed it. Congratulations on your 2nd place. Well deserved!