The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2213 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/30/10
I saw that ending coming...but I loved the way you got there!
Thank you for brightening my day with your hysterically funny words.
05/01/10
Oh, so much fun here! And so much imagination and such practically perfect Pullet-zer Prize poetry!!!
I was wowed all the way through with your writer's craft. I love the creativity in this awesome poem...surely worthy of a pulletzer!
05/01/10
This was so much fun to read. I hope you compile all your witty and creative poems into a book for the pleasures of readers everywhere. You are one talented lady! No need to say how perfectly this flowed, fit the topic, rhymes weren't forced, and as always, I give it two thumbs up.
I am lost for words! How do you do it?! Brilliant, just brilliant! Your rhymes, your humour, your imagination leave me (dare I admit it) very envious! It really made me smile - thankyou again.
05/05/10


WOW!!!!!!
05/05/10
A winner for sure! Delightful!
Superb as always!

"She bruised her chicken liver". Had to laugh out loud on that one!
05/06/10
Ahh, *FUN*
I tried to copy and paste a few especially loved lines but there are soo many that made me LOL!
I think you're almost too good, girl!! :)
What pure delight this is, Beth, and I thank you so much for brightening my day.
05/06/10
Funny how words jump out at you. I saw "zest" and thought it was going to be a sexy chick.

I always enlarge my vocabulary when I read your work. I wondered what a wattle was. I discovered it to be a twiggy woven wall of wattle...or the double chicken chin. :P
05/06/10
Zach certainly has a nose for news, turning what's not to what's news worthy! This is an example of journalistic instinct overstretched ... a dangerous game at that! Thanks for the laugh, Beth! It’s hilarious! (",)
05/06/10
Love it... you are such a gift... every line, every turn of a phrase. Congratulations!
The way you write these delightful poems always leaves me wishing I had 1/100th of your talent. Congratulations on the EC!
Congratulations on EC for another awesome poem. I'm blown away by your cleverly written story-poems.
05/06/10
A very fun read. Love the way you weave word pictures!
05/07/10
I am finding myself anxious to read your work every week. I love your poetic humor - you have such a great way of bringing poetry to life, even for those of us who don't always "get it." You have given me a wonderful appreciation for poems. (yours) Congratulations on another EC!
Beth! Make a book of your poetry! E-mail me and let me know when it's done! I will buy a copy! I will buy ten copies!

You are so funny and creative. You take a simple joke line and turn it into this. Wow! I think you are the bigger celebrity here, not me. I should have got your autograph at the conference. At least I have photos to prove I met you. :)
05/07/10
Beth, your title this time describes your poetry - whimsical and creative are words that fail to scratch the surface. Congratulations on another well deserved EC!
05/08/10
Oh Beth, this is so CUTE, and I love the title--so fitting. You deserved to be highly recommended...Who would ever have thought to write this "Worthy of the Pulitzer"...Well, not only was the "chicken that crossed the road" worthy of a "Pulitzer", but so is this!! Very unique! I love it...Helen...Thanks for your comment on my Challenge...Yes. It is true!
05/13/10
I needed a laugh today and got one! Love this one Beth.. I will never think of that chicken "joke" again without remembering this poem! A keeper.. worthy of the world to see? Hint hint! :)