The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2093 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/15/10
Oh, I love it when a piece of history comes to life as your entry has. I felt like I was there awaiting the verdict along with your MC. Inserting the lines of "Amazing Grace" added depth and feeling to this entry.
04/15/10
I like how you have structured this piece while allowing it to breathe with a super sweep of emotions and insights. Moving portrayal.
04/18/10
This was so moving and well written. You managed to meld the history with the dramatization in a beautiful way.
Inspiring and well-done. Very creative, using the lines from Amazing Grace to accentuate the tension building up.
04/20/10
You've cleverly woven the song lyrics with this great historical piece. This is so very good!
This is the second piece of historical fiction I've read today and they just to get better and better. I so admire those who can write in this genre. I can hardly think of a better penned work than Amazing grace to demonstrate just how powerful words can be - it has indeed changed many of a life for the better. The story itself, inspirational as well.
I loved how the story fitted so well among the words of "Amazing Grace." Excellent writing.
You did a really good job building the suspense. Really enjoyed this one.
04/22/10
Nice. You are a skilled wordsmith, my dear.
Excellent crafting of this piece! Present tense was very effective in this moving story
04/22/10
Congrats on a well-deserved win! Your talent truly amazes me.

Mona
What a fabulous piece! Congratulations on a well-deserved win. I don't post to the boards very often, any more, but feel like I "know" you through your posts, and was thrilled to see your name at the top of the list!
04/22/10
Rachel, It's wonderful to see this with the 1st place Editor's Choice affixed! Super congrats!
04/22/10
Congratulations on First Place Editor's Choice!! Well-deserved!
04/22/10
Very, very moving. Congratulations on your 1st place, Rachel.
04/22/10
This masterfully crafted story brings a pivotal moment of history to life. I felt that I was there, living the experience! Congratulations on a very well-deserved first place!
I felt msyelf holding my breath as I read this. You completely drew me in and didn't let me go until the very last verse of Amazing Grace had been sung. Wow!

Very deserving of the top honors it received! You are a valuable asset to the FaithWriter community of writers, Rachel.
04/22/10
Congratulations! You breathed life into history!
Amazing. Congrats on your win - great piece, Rachel. :)
04/23/10
Woo-hoo!! I'm cheering for you and for William Wilberforce - two outstanding achievers! Big Congratulations on your well deserved win!
For the record: Congratulations. You are one of the finest writers I've read.

Off the record: Go write a novel!!!!!! lol, seriously, let God lead you always in your writing.

Congrats again :-)
04/24/10
Congratulations. You certainly deserve First Place. The words to the hymn made this very special. Your words painted a picture. It brought back many scenes from the movie, "Amazing Grace."
04/25/10
What a great piece of history, woven in with a great hymn. You certainly deserve the WN! And all the accolades that have been placed by the many readers. Now I am adding mine. Thanks for this history lesson. And for a sample of your great writing...God's blessings...Helen
04/30/10
Love that opening! Whew. I could feel it.

Powerful writing all the way through. Just marvelous stuff. WTG, Rachel! :)
05/05/10
Bravo! This article took my breath away! It took me back to the climax of the movie "Amazing Grace" and indeed, back to history itself. Very deserving of the highest Editor's Choice award. :)