The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1800 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/13/09
Wonderful history lesson - and that last stanza is darling and sweet and just right.
I'm not a poet so I have no input on that part... but wow.. you got a lot of info in here! I learned from it.
02/16/09
This is very clever, light, containing a lot of internal information. You really took me there.. I'll stay at the bottom with you and watch others climb. :)
02/17/09
I can't tell you how much I loved the rhymes of Piccu/teach you and dramatic/enigmatic. This was so much fun to read! I chose the smae setting, but our entries couldn't be more different. I had great fun reading yours!
02/18/09
Reading your poems is like sitting with a good friend... I always feel better afterwards. :)

What a wonderful gift!

Thank you so much for sharing.
02/18/09
Just very fresh and inviting. Not a chore to read, lovely in fact. Has it all, good rhyme, good info, and fun as well.
Loved it.
Mona
02/18/09
So much information, delightfully presented! It doesn't get better than that. I agree: your poetry is like visiting with a good friend!
02/18/09
Oh man. I don't know how you pack in so much information into a poem that keeps my attention! Wow! Fun and informative entry!
02/19/09
This was mind-boggling. Fantasic writing!
What a fun way to teach! Love the ending :)
02/19/09
You outdid yourself here! Wowzer! Congrats on your EC!
02/19/09
I love the last stanza - unexpected but super fun. You definitely have incredible talent to come up with such fun rhymes. Congrats on your EC!
02/20/09
...I knew this was something special. I'm so glad it is receiving recognition. Congrats dear Verna!
07/06/10
Now, find an illustrator and turn this into a children's book. They'd love it and learn from it just like us grown-ups. Dittos to all the other comments, especially Jan's (such clever rhymes!). "Teach you" and "Picchu" caught my eye, too, and gave me a chuckle. I also want to thank you once again, this time for commenting on my "Falling Waters...." article. I appreciate you!