The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/08/09
Love the title. As an avid Trekkie, I had to read this story first—it was worth it.
10/08/09
I wrote this poem years ago and it came to mind when I read you story.

The man in Star Trek, does he know
That he will soon be dead
The opening scenes are fatal for
The stranger dressed in red
10/08/09
Loved it! So true....
10/09/09
The title grabbed me. Loved the ending. Good job.
Title grabbed me this morning but I didn't have time to read until now. Great story. Did Cutie switch the tags? I'll bet she did!
10/09/09
What a quaint and delightful story--very engaging and light-hearted, in a truly clever sort of way. I love Star Trek. Have you seen Galaxy Quest? One of my favorite humorous flicks.
10/09/09
I'm not much for sci-fi stuff, so I never was a fan of Star Trek--though I am familiar with the original characters. Anyway, I found this piece fun and entertaining and was cheering for Jake the whole time. I'm believing Cutie changed the tags,that she and Jake got married and had lots of trekkies. Two thumbs up for this enjoyable entry.
10/09/09
Great title brought me in and the story delivered. I really enjoyed this.
Absolutely loved this, however, I do believe that after they got married, they had a herd of Tribbles...
10/09/09
Ewwww, I loved this! Gives you a lot to think about!
Yes! I love it. :)
Very cute and creative. Although I'm not a Trekkie, I'm married to one, making this extra special. Well done.
10/13/09
Jan, this was hilarious. I heard Gene Roddenberry speak when I was in college, and he showed a blooper reel, and up until then I had never known the significance of wearing the "Red Shirt". This was a great take on the topic.
10/13/09
Jan, this was so fun. Of course you are a Good Writer!!
Thanks for comments on my piece. You are such a blessing to FW!! Ruth
10/13/09
loved the way you involved the reader, like deciding if cutie switched the tags. made you want to read another time if see what you may have missed.
10/13/09
A heavyweight piece that will KO most in here. But we lightweights will get you one day. Colin
The conversational tone pulls the reader in, the sarcasm is just right, and the story, superb. I really enjoyed it. Such creativity!
Jake's my man! Big ole heart of gold, couldn't fake it if he tried. Of course, Cutie switched the tags and Jake and Cutie got married and had enough babies for another sequel. He turned out to be Andy Griffith and Cutie is his wife of 38 years! ("It's my story and I'll lie if I want to, lie if I want to, lie if I want to..." **grin**
10/13/09
Yay for the good guys!
Though not a "trekkie", I found this entertaining and the mc very personable.
10/14/09
Jan, I loved this. The title totally grabbed me and the ending made me laugh - I loved the wink! Fun :)
I can't help but wonder if "Cutie" didn't have something to do with that gold shirt in wardrobe. Poetic justice all around and I'd love to read a sequel.
Haha. It's so true that the guy in red always dies in Star Trek. Very fun take on the week's topic. I especially liked the ending. :)
10/14/09
Once again you demonstrate to me just how very, very far I have to go as a writer. Fabulous work Jan as always, and as a massively deluded Trekkie myself I was especially transported by your phaser beam wit and willingness to boldly take on such a warped topic. I'll probably have more to communicate after I review some Tricorder readings :) Ensign Morrow, out.
Fantastic entry! And I'm not even a Trekkie. Totally believable characters. I hope to write this well when I "grow up!"
10/14/09
I'm not a trekkie either, but this was a fun read. Made me chuckle. Great take on the topic.
10/14/09
This was fun to read even though I am definately not a Trekkie. It was great how you could draw in the "Star Trek" fans as well as those who have never watched the show.
06/05/16
Amusing, especially to a devoted Trekker. Hope this does very well.
06/05/16
Amusing, especially to a devoted Trekker. Hope this does very well.