The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1445 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ohhhh! LOVE This one! A favorite of mine this week! I wasn't sure who was who and what was happening, I thought this was a lady in a nursing home, but the twist-that was wonderful! I loved it, especially the ending. Great job! ^_^
05/03/08
Great word play here-very well done!
The ending took me by surprise and I loved it. Excellent writing!
You created a beautiful story from the belief of Mary's Assumption.
You had me fooled until I read the name Mary. This is masterfully written; a great read.
05/06/08
Wow, this takes the cake for surprise endings this week. Ouch. And wowzer. Just brilliant.
05/06/08
Wow. Did I say wow? I'll say it again...Wow!
05/06/08
Oh my, you brought tears to my eyes with this awesome article. And such depth. Jesus, the Star of the Morning, the first start to rise in the east, was there all day. Lovely details such as 'sunlight drying her face' and the fact that she was clearly responding to Him the whole day.
05/06/08
Beautiful, Sir William! Love the double meaning in your title, and the gorgeous imagery.
05/06/08
Masterfully done, with excellent dialog, as usual. An absolutely wonderful entry, Bill.
You fooled me for sure with this. I smiled after I finished reading it. Very smart writing.

Thank you for sharing this story. I was blessed by it.
What a wonderful storyteller you are. This was well done and thoughtful.
05/07/08
Beautiful description of a wonderful passing. Isn't it just so human to (unknowingly?) want to block out the Light of Christ. Great take on the topic.
A beautiful entry. I loved the whole thing, the imagery and the message were supberb.
05/07/08
Awesome writing! I love the whole concept behind this.
05/07/08
This was beautiful! Thank you for such a lovely story. I loved the surprising twist at the end.
05/07/08
Intriguing setting and dialogue. I was confused for a moment by her bed being behind them; I'd pictured them facing her, since they described her, etc. Beautiful message about us not always being aware of Jesus' presence or what He's doing!