The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1211 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/09
Very good. A well told story, especially in holding the reader's interest. Great assimilation of scripture throughout.
01/15/09
Very nicely written. My grandparents had their own "tale", and I loved learning about it. This is a very good entry.
01/16/09
I love reading family tales--I get lost in my own family's history quite often and this reminded me of all the stories passed down through my family.
01/20/09
Nice title with a well written story following it. I was thirsty for more of the diary entries (a sure sign that you were holding my interest!) Very nice ending too, ties in well with the topic.
01/21/09
This is now my favorite entry this week. I found myself leaning forward to read this--a sure sign that you'd captured my attention. You deftly captured the classic "American story"--hence your title. Loved the beautiful language in the journal entries. "The dirt convinces me of its newness...." Excellent.
Perfect title for this beautiful entry. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this article. :)
01/22/09
Who doesn't love reading a diary entry. Love this contemporary and historical story. You captured my attention when you mentioned "an apple pie recipe" :)
This was a great way to capture USA history. Well done.
01/22/09
Congratulations on your 3rd place. This is well written--I really like the format. Nice job with the topic.
01/23/09
A tale very well told! :)Congratulations on your 3rd place win for this excellent piece!
I love thinking about ancestors and family members who took bold steps to leave other countries and come here. I don't know where I would be if they hadn't. This entry kept my attention and made me want more. Good job!