The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1847 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/08
This is awesome! Oh man, are you going to be popular this week, male or female... Incredibly creative take on the topic, and I love your voice in the piece. Well done!
10/23/08
i was laughing out loud while i read this! hilarous! yes the 'voice' was just great!
10/23/08
Oh boy--I'm going to print this out and tape it to my hubby's mirror...hope he'll get the hint. (: You are, indeed, a hero and a REAL MAN!
10/23/08
Just LOVE the voice- and yes, I laughed all the way through. Clever!
10/23/08
So very funny! Great job! And I am really hungry for this turkey, by the way. Spray with apple juice? That sounds divine! Tell us when it's done and we'll all be right over!
10/23/08
This is SO funny. I needed a good laugh today--thanks. This was my favorite line: "Take that, you mangy cat!" I just pictured the poor cat running from the remote controlled tank. Great job with the topic.
10/24/08
This is hilarious! I enjoyed reading it.
10/24/08
Funny, funny, funny! Did I mention this was funny? AND the amazing thing is, with all the hilarity going on, you didn't sacrifice your grammar, punctuation, first person voice, etc. You get an A+ for a well-written, complete package that was delivered in laughter. Did I mention this was funny?
I loved this...it's so funny! You had me laughing about the remote control tank and the marshmallows. Great job!
Love your sense of humor. I hope husbands cooking Christmas dinner catches on, and, as a cat lover, I'm glad you added the footnote!
10/27/08
Ha! Love the differentiation between "real" flames and gas! :) What fun! I'm off to get some "exploding can" rolls for dinner. :)
10/27/08
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Did I tell you I laughed? Couldn't stop! REAL men cooking instructions. I was thinking Tim Taylor, MORE POWER! Especially with the RC Tank.
I loved,also, your frequent breaks to speak directly to those other REAL men.
10/28/08
This is great! I laughed throughout this piece. Kudos! That turkey sounds delish! :)
Humorous, entertaining, AND informational. I want to try bbqed turkey now!
This is delightful! I loved every word and will read it to my hubby.
Priceless. Reads like a column in a guy magazine. Excellent work.
Oh man! LOL! This was hilarious! My absolute favorite so far this week! There were so many side-splitting liens, but here was one of my favorites:

"Yeah, I know it looks real cool to nuke a saucepan in the microwave, but guys, it’s Christmas. Be serious for a moment, okay"

HAHAHA! Great stuff! I sense a winner with this one. I think it would be an injustice for it not to win. This story has everything you could want in a 750 word piece. :)
Love it...you don't live near us, do you?
10/29/08
LOL This totally sounds like my dad....and he totally loved making "Experiments In The Microwave" (which we appropriately named EIT'Ms - pronounced "eat'ms"). Nice work - very creative!
10/29/08
Yes! I am chuckling still - we have 16 paws in our house and every year I have to talk my hubby out of buying a radio controlled car to chase them... nice piece!
10/30/08
I'm still laughing! This is great!
Responsible, Evangelical, America-Loving men. LOL Rick, this was priceless. My son-in-law could definitely relate to this style of cooking.

Absolutely wonderful story. Full marks for inventiveness and great humour.
10/30/08
Congratulations on your EC. I'm so glad to see this very funny piece place.
11/06/08
Witty, creative, informative, funny,entertaining--well by now you must know that I truly loved this piece. Congrats on your win. Looking forward to next week's entry.