The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1379 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Walk a mile in my shoes. Very nice.
I love it! No trouble spots jumped out at me.
11/13/06
Very good--I love that you had the little girl role playing and transfering her emotions to her doll. I wonder if she speaks "older" than three. For example, "Just playing doctor with my doll, Mary" strikes me as unnatural dialog for a 3-year-old. Maybe just "Playing doctor, momma" You've done a great job with the transition and your readers will get it.

Sweet and charming story.
11/13/06
very cute. I agree about the 3 year old having a very mature voice... but that's just me.
Aww, this was sweet. I like the line that had her tripping over the lab coat. It made the little girl come alive and made her seem truly child-like. Nice way to approach the subject.
Creative and insightful! I have had young diabetic students in my class, and it is a real struggle for them. I wondered what the lyrics to the "All Better Song" might be. I think that could have added some tenderness or poignancy to the story.
11/13/06
A very sweet story - I enjoyed it very much! I have no suggestions that haven't already been mentioned. I could see my daughter doing something like this!
11/15/06
I loved the twist in this story. I really believed at first that the 3-year-old was an adult doctor and Mary an actual patient! The reality caught me by surprise. Delightful story!
11/16/06
Very cute! I really loved this and could easily visualize it due to your skill with words. Thanks so much for sharing this.
11/16/06
Congrats Rhonda on your big finish. The ribbon looks good by your story. Keep up the excellent work. God bless.