The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1870 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/05
'She hoped it made her look a little more real.' This clenched it for me! Perfect! And yes - maybe a stretch - but who cares! Good solid points, good solid writing - sounds like a 'tree' to me! Love, Pat
12/12/05
We sure need "real" people in our lives to remind us of what's important. Thank you for a well-writen story with a "real" message!
12/13/05
Hooray, a surprise ending! Excellent work with a great message - "Get real!"
This was "really" good! A good reminder to be authentic rather than fabricated people. I love the Isaiah verse, too. :-)
12/16/05
A good story with amuch needed message for today. You covered all of her concerns very well and then taught her the triviality of them. Nice job!
12/16/05
This is superb! I wonder what Tom saw in Meghan, that he married her? She was pretty horrid...glad you redeemed her with such a poignant lesson. Thanks!
12/16/05
I loved the ending too. In fact, the whole thing was excellent. The way you related the fake Christmas tree with the main character was very clever. Well done.
I think there's a little bit of Meghan in most of us - I know there is in me (that's why FW friendships are so special - we love without worrying about appearances). This was so well done. I really enjoyed the story and the message. God Bless.