The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1174 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's definitely funny from the eyes of the reader and on-looker, but also sad as all too often, this type of thing is really happening. It reminds me of one of the arguments my husband and I have had before. He tells the kids "Do what I say, not what I do." I just want to scream and slap some sense into him, but then that wouldn't be a good example either.

The only bit of red ink I have is I stumbled over the opening line and had to reread it a few times.

However, once past that, I devoured every bit of your story. I enjoyed your take on the topic and you do a great job of telling the true message without coming off as preachy or sanctimonious. That's not an easy thing to do, considering your MC. It takes a great deal of talent to pull that off and you managed it quite nicely.
09/07/12
Sadly, all too true! Loved the name- Minister TUBS!
09/09/12
Oh I loved this entry. I felt I knew where it was heading and I'm glad I was correct. That big pudding of a hypocrite got what was coming to him and you brought it all together so well. Great job!
09/09/12
You can't see me, but I'm standing and applauding. This was brilliant, and true to life on so many levels. And I loved the pun of "Mr. Tubbs."
09/10/12
Really on target in many ways. Great writing! I enjoyed it immensely.
09/13/12
Well-written and well-spoken!! :D You did an excellent job portraying Minister Tubbs and his hypocrisy. Great message about examining our own lives before we judge others! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR E.C. AND LEVEL WINS!! :D
09/13/12
Congratulations on your EC!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless~
09/13/12
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless~
09/13/12
Great entry and admonition to look at the log in our own eye or junk in our own trunk before we hypocritically point our finger at others.
09/16/12
I enjoyed your subtle humor and your MC's name almost made me LOL! :) Great work! Congrats on your Editor's Choice award!
09/16/12
Congrats Gary! Good job!