The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 790 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/06/15
Powerfully expressed, thank you for this absorbing and touching read.

God bless~
This grabbed me from beginning to end. Wonderful story. God Bless
08/08/15
What a healing story. Many have had to deal with such feelings, and this well written story may help them towards that.
This excellent story completely captured by thoughts and emotions. I love how the grandson had his grandfather's smile.
08/09/15
You have encapsulated forgiveness and freedom within totally credible characterisation and dialogue. Well done.
08/09/15
This was a touching story about love and forgiveness. It came right from the heart and soul of the man who had seemingly lost so much. Bitterness eats away at the soul if it features for a long time, but the grandfather imparts wisdom to his family before he became a casualty of war.
08/10/15
I had two uncles wounded in the Normandy landings. Fortunately they survived their injuries. This is a unique take on the topic and you've obviously done your homework. You ended it on a positive note and all in all I think you've done a great job!
08/10/15
Wow! Great job, Kat! this is poignant stuff. You've taken us into some deep territory here!!! Fantastic writing:)
Sweet gal - every time I see your name on a brick, I know I am going to love you even more . . .
08/13/15
Congrats Kat on your EC placing... again!
08/13/15
A Kane and a Kane, your entries keep rising to the top.
Congratulations on another high ranking.
08/13/15
Wars are a terrible thing--but I applaud you for making forgiveness a key point of this story and the way you wove happiness into a painful memory. Congratulations on your win!
08/14/15
EC is getting to be a familiar place for you!!!! Great job!!!!
08/15/15
Congratulations on your 4th place EC award, Kat! Well-researched story.