The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1110 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a lucky little girl,to be blessed with such a grandpa. And what a wise grandpa to know how to truly listen and get into the dance!
01/10/14
Very creative and anjoyable. This is an exploration for sure and a real treat. You wrote it in a way that tugs at the heart and makes the reader almost want to take a whirl on the ice with one of those "black tuxedoed wonders." Great job.
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/11/14
Fabulous job! I so enjoyed your creative and fun piece with emotions emanating from the first to last word.

Nicely done.

God bless~
01/12/14
Oh this is adorable. I became totally lost in it. You wrote with warmth and humour and even a touch of psychology to boot. What a fortunate little girl she is having a grandpa like you. Loved it!
Love this - Masterful! Easy to read but at the same time so thick with wonder and learning and best of all Being. Thanks!
01/15/14
I absolutely loved this! I hope at the end grandma and granpappa got up and danced! How sad that so many adults seem to forget the wonderful times and trips that imagination can take you on! And if one can imagine dancing with princess elephants and sliding down rainbows, then imagining Heaven should have us all dancing with joy! My husband and I are always telling each other, our bodies may grow older but we refuse to completely “grow up”. We just have too much fun doing silly things! I may just tell him to get up and join me in dancing with blue penguins!!! Kudos on a wonderful, heartwarming story oozing with truth!
01/15/14
Oh I love this! Now I have to go hunting for a blue penguin.
01/16/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
01/16/14
I loved this story. Congratulations on your win!
This is just wonderful - it melts away all those 'grown-up years and burdens' and opens windows that have been closed too long. I just love it. There are too many favourite lines (even paragraphs) to comment on specifically - except perhaps for '.... it gets washed away in the blur and busyness of the whirl and dizziness of reality....it gets rebirthed in the brilliant glow of pinks and purples kissing the underbellies of lullabying clouds ... ' Just wonderful. Many congratulation.
01/16/14
This is absolutely precious! I love it! Congratulations on your placing :)
01/17/14
Congratulations on your 3rd place win. It's well deserved! Your story is heart-warming and uplifting. How wonderful for older people, like the MC in your story, to keep up some of their "childish" traits. A bit of silliness does us all good! I also learnt a new word: neoteny. Well done.
01/17/14
As soon as I saw the name, I KNEW it was you. Congratulations, Jack! I've just finished "One Last Wave."
" Neotony can be reframed as that playfulness, curiosity, fearlessness, energy, warmth, innocent fantasy, and boundless belief that stimulates the child-likeness inside us. It’s the extension of our youthfulness."

I love you for this delightful addition to my vocabulary!

Thank you for the delight . . .
Congratulations!
KJV Hebrews 10:26-31

Hugs in and through and because of Him,

Judi
This danced right into my heart! Congratulations on EC.
01/18/14
This story underscores the beauty of hanging out with precious, innocent children--they bring out the kid in us oldies. I thoroughly enjoyed this playful and fun entry. Congratulations on your 3rd place win.
01/19/14
Precious and delightful story. It makes me miss my little 'muffin' so much. Facetime and phone calls just aren't the same as the intimate, spontaneous moments you described so tangibly. Well done!
Everyone has already said so beautifully the things I felt as I read your story.
I had tears in my eyes and stinging in my heart, but joy too! We stand to lose so much by being adults. It's so important to hold on to that childlike wonder!
Your grandchild is very blessed to have you!