The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1992 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/12
A strong, clear inside look at your MC's mind, which reminds me of when a retired colleague's wife learned they were moving to a new church by reading about it in the national denominational journal. A sad stroy, but well described.
12/05/12
Oh boy! I can relate to this story. I didn't "bloom" until I had been married for awhile...when I had made some lasting friends.
Great dialogue and inner thoughts. Well done!
12/05/12
Very realistic dialogue in this descriptive piece. I enjoyed it and the meaning beyond the words.
THanks. God Bless~
12/06/12
Great story. Congrats on your EC ranking. Well deserved.
12/06/12
Congratulations, Marita! Excellent work! God bless!
12/06/12
I really enjoyed reading your story. I loved the humour and being inside your MC's head.

Congratulations!
12/06/12
Congrats! God bless~
12/06/12
Mari, I LOVE your story. You have humor and poignancy all interwoven. Masterful work! Congrats on 1st place!
Mari, I love your transparency and heart in this story. Well written (of course) but also it seems so natural and unforced. And WHAT a message! Congrats on you EC!!!
12/07/12
Congratulations on your first place in EC! Your story is well-told and rings true. I enjoyed it and was moved by it.
12/08/12
Wonderfully wistful. . . preciously poignant. Conrats on your 1st place on level and EC.
12/08/12
A masterful piece which I enjoyed tremendously. Looking into the MC's thoughts and seeing the edge through which her pain colored her experience it was easy to relate to my own slightly sarcastic yet humorous way of coping that I think many of us can relate to. Well done and well deserved win.
I enjoyed this article so much - can identify with it from Army life moving so often. Congrats!