The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1489 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Sooo close. I felt myself rooting for Tory to take the risk...but loved the end twist--live to learn another day.
05/24/12
Lovely application of theme. I enjoyed the tender, thoughtful concern of the father, as well as the strong life message picked up from a toddler's attempt at walking.
05/26/12
I so enjoyed this well written entry. I loved the last sentence...that said it all. Thanks. God bless~
05/27/12
I absolutely love this! I am a sucker for this type of story. I guess that is natural with ten grandchildren. But your life lesson brought it to a whole bother level. Well done indeed!
This is beautiful. I think you did a beautiful job painting a picture for me. I think learning to walk is a creative take on the topic though I just read one other story about a toddler. Each one was unique and special in its own way.

The only thing I noticed is something I myself have been working on and that's consistency with the POV. Since this is told from the first person, it wouldn't be possible to know the baby's thoughts.

I don't think I'd ever have noticed it because I thought the narrator had a omniscient POV but now that it has been explained to me more thoroughly I do see it.

This is well-written piece and held my attention from beginning to end. It left me with a warm feeling in my heart. The last line was superb.
05/27/12
This is good. Reminds me of times I've done similar things with kids in the church nursery when I knew they could walk! Nope. they aren't too young to learn.
05/27/12
I enjoyed this. A lesson in life with a dash of fun thrown in. Not out right funny, but certainly a 'made me smile' entry.

Thank you.
05/27/12
Powerful message in this delightful article. Fun and excellent read.
05/28/12
So realistic! I can see the scene playing out just as you described.
05/29/12
Very nicely written story which kept my interest from beginning to end. There is nothing like watching the toddler take his/her first steps. I agree with Shann that since you have written this in the first person, you would not know the thoughts of the toddler. I liked your approach on this subject. There is so many unique entries on this subject and yours is the first of its kind. Good job!
05/29/12
This took me back forty years, to when my son was starting to walk. This is beautiful....thank you and God Bless
Wonderful story--right on topic--and wonderful message.
05/31/12
Congratulations! I'm so glad this one placed. I enjoyed this delightful entry.
05/31/12
Congratulations Lillian!
05/31/12
A well deserved EC! Congratulations!


BTW, sorry...I obviously meant "a whole nother level" ...even though it's not proper English! : )

06/01/12
I really enjoyed this, the story, the message. Really well told. Congratulations on your 3rd placing.
06/01/12
Congratulations! God Bless~