The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1488 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/08
Eerie take on the topic. Very thought provoking and well-written. The last line reminded of Paul's words in 2 Cor. 2:11 where he told the believers, "We are not unaware of his [Satan's] schemes." Unfortunately, today many believers are unaware. Nice Job!
10/23/08
from the kitchen of hell itself. wow. great take on the topic!

..i was a little confused on who was telling the story at times, if it was the devil, or just a "senior demon".

it IS ridiculous how blinded we can be sometimes... Lord keep our eyes open!
10/24/08
VERY creative take on the topic. I was engaged.
10/26/08
Thought provoking story that prompts us to keep our gaze focused in the right direction over Christmas.
This is the second story this week that I can see as a skit for a church service. Yours would be such a great visual with an eye opening message. Appreciated your "take" on the topic. Very original...
10/28/08
You've done amazing work with this brutally frank and not-for-the-faint-of-heart story. I like your word choices and phrases, "several smoking ovens" and "keep everything ecclesiastical off the menu." I've never heard of "Hogmanay" … I'm going to have to check that out. :)
10/28/08
Unique and chilling. Great job.
Your creative idea is wrapped in wonderful word choices carrying a very important message.
With it being the end of October, this read like a cross between Halloween and Christmas...it's also a reminder that demons are busy at both times.
Wow. This is eerily true and thought provoking. Great use of dialogue and great characterization. Excellent job!
10/29/08
Wow, you had me until the very end. It was very CS Lewis like, which is the best compliment I know how to bestow on you and this piece...I see why you have been knighted a master....this will win!
Not only was this a unique take on the topic, it was masterfully written as well. I hesitated stepping into Hell's Kitchen, but you sucked me in and didn't let go of me until the end. Congrats on your EC! :)
11/06/08
Quite an inventive take on the topic. This piece should serve as a reminder to each of us that Satan is always hovering around just waiting to catch us in a weak moment. Thanks for the creative way you put this together. Congrats on your EC placement.