The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2232 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/06
A very interesting and creative piece of writing. Your words painted such a clear picture that I could see the little devil. I first shuddered when I read that the figure "felt warm to touch." Excellent writing.
Well done, good job!
07/22/06
This is great! Very creative take on selling your soul to the devil. The toy theme worked really well. Powerful message!
07/23/06
Very creative. Very smooth. The story read effortlessly. I'd give you two thumbs up, but thats the kiss of death for movies, so I'll just say, EXCELLENT writing. It nice to read a piece where the writer is on top of his/her game. God Bless!
That little devil. It's amazing how many have signed that little piece of paper without really knowing the cost.

May God continue to guide your quill,

Trina<><
07/23/06
What a creative take on a sinister truth. It would probably shock us if we knew how much pain we could have avoided in our lives if we had only stopped to count the cost of our decisions. Good Job.
07/24/06
Unique, but kind of creepy, so it totally works. Loved it. Great take on the topic.
07/25/06
I'm with Marty, this is delightfully creepy. I ditto all above comments as well. Great imagination, creativity and all around great job from a Master! You couldn't have said it any better.
07/25/06
Clever, clever, clever. You are an amazing writer. Such detail and realism. Great job!
07/25/06
Oh goodness! I kept picturing the toy store owned by the man who lived next door during my childhood. I could picture him interacting with this figure on his desk, oblivious to the eternal consequences of his ambition to succeed. You amaze me with your imagination! Your writing is indeed masterful. :)
07/25/06
Very well done - Twighlightzone-ish
A cold shiver just ran up my spine! The mental image of that 'little devil' and the tiny but deadly contract is so powerful! Again, you've woven a creative story that I'll not forget.
Very good. I loved the whole thing.
07/25/06
Very creative and clever entry, Jan! Entertaining, well-crafted, with some food for thought tossed in. Wonderful!
07/25/06
Definitely a creepy read - and so masterfully put together!!! Gave me the shivers!
07/25/06
No secret here why you are in the Master level. Powerful message woven within this well crafted story.
What else can be said? Great entry. Reminds me a bit of Child's Play, only way better of course. :)
07/26/06
Spooky plus! Extremely well written ... read it early on ... thought I'd commented but obviously hadn't (probably the phone rang or something) but the imagery has stayed in my mind all week - well done!
07/26/06
Awesome Jan! As usual, I am blown away.
07/26/06
Excellent. creative. Futuristic twist on an old theme.
Brill! Creepy? Definitely! Good writing? Beyond any doubt. I couldn't help wondering as I read whether one really could sign one's soul away without really knowing it ... it sort of goes against the genre of these kind of encounters. Then I woke-up, and realised that is what so many are doing every second of every day. Now that is a creepy thought! Thanks for generating such serious reflections in such a fun way.
07/26/06
wonderful. Satan has a lot of success simply because people don't take him seriously and are willing to play games with thier souls.