The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 503 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/19
Very interesting! I liked the unexpected twist.
03/07/19
This piece flows so well and feels so calming. I like how you hooked us in the beginning and then the twist. Well done. Keep writing. :)
03/08/19
I kept thinking I was reading snippets from Song of Songs, of the Shepherd King and His bride, but not so! Well written and on topic.
What a clever usage of the topic. I'm guessing this will be the only piece with the seashore as the one who is loved more with absence. I like, especially, the lyrical tone throughout.
03/08/19
Beautiful!
Amen...well done, and I felt your heart for His heart.

Keep writing like this, so powerful


Blessings~
03/08/19
As a fellow lover of the ocean I could totally relate to this piece, and it was so cleverly done! Here I was thinking it was one thing, when it turned out to be something completely different.

If I were a judge I'd be giving this high marks!
03/09/19
I like this. It almost felt like a poem in prose form.

Great job.
03/10/19
I too, felt like I was reading from Song of Solomon. Probably, because like Allison said,it reads like poetry in prose form.

I was not expecting the twist at the end. In fact, I kinda felt like it was God talking to one of His wayward children.
I could have written this, as you know. You've captured the beauty that draws millions to the shoreline, to bask in the wonder of it all, a reminder of the vast expanse of God's love. Very, very well done!
It was a wonderful reminder of the many gifts from God’s creation that draw us to Him and bring us peace and joy. We are creatures who experience His majesty more fully when sensing His embrace through our surroundings. Very creative and well written.
I could tell it was the ocean right away by your outstanding descriptions. Congratulations on your EC! Happy Dance!
03/14/19
Congrats! Fantastic job!
So happy for you.
Blessings~