The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1366 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is great. I could feel my heart pounding as I thought of my daughter going away to college and could feel God telling me that she will be alright, we have instilled those same beliefs.

Then the twist ending. You got me and that doesn't happen often. I love it when it does. I will admit I had to read the sentence with wife a few times and stopped and reread parts of the story. Since I love a good twist, I understand where you're coming from. I fear though that some readers might miss it as I almost did. Perhaps if you had written the line with the assisted living words before the line about the wife, it would have given my brain a second to adjust to the surprise and would have made the line about the wife more powerful. But that's just my opinion.

You did a fantastic job with this story. I wish I could find a way to tell you how much I needed to read this right now. My baby's graduating high school next week and I'm terrified of my next phase in life but your story showed me there is plenty of living yet for me. God bless.
06/15/12
This made me smile. I just visited my mom today. She's in a care facility and has met a "fellow". Mom's buried two husbands, one was my dad, and her 3rd husband abused her and robbed her blind. So my siblings and I aren't thrilled about a new fellow. This was such an enjoyable read. You did an excellent job! God bless!
06/16/12
I just love this article! You really got me and I laughed out loud with the surprise. I'm still smiling, in fact. Nice job.
06/17/12
Great job with this! Beautifully written and, like the others...surprised!

Thanks! God Bless~
Wonderfully written. The ending totally got me. Congrats on your second place finish.
Congratulations on your ribbon and for ranking 19 overall!
06/27/12
Been on vacation so my apologies, Pam, for the late congrats, but CONGRATS! Good job!
Hi Pam -

Oh yes! I enjoyed the surprise ending. This is a warm and fuzzy piece. Thank you for touching us with this rich read.