The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1024 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very real family dialogue...fast moving sweet mystery :) Great fun to read.
10/28/08
Cute piece. I sense a longer story here.
I like the way you use real family dialogue in this. Crystal is a bit of a nudge, but funny. Oh, I love the title. Great job!
10/29/08
I had to laugh at the wooden spoon argument… it has such a real "feel" to it. :) What a cute / fun mystery… I was secretly hoping the cat did it, but your ending is better. :)
10/29/08
That was funny. I'm glad the case of the licked spoon was solved.
Very nicely done. The ending made me chuckle out loud. Surprised me, too.
I enjoyed this. The dialogue sounded like my sister's and mine---many yers ago.
10/30/08
I can see this becoming a series. Nice work!
Very interesting take on the topic, and you have done a great job in capturing the girls' attitudes and conversation. Good job Chrissy.
How you managed to create such an engaging story out of a simple licking of a spoon is beyond me. My attention was held the entire time. At first I thought there would be a dog that licked it, but I'm glad it just turned out to be the dad. :)

Thank you for sharing this.
11/02/08
Very cute story. I could picture the two kids going back and forth. Sounded like mine. Good job.