The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1697 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/18/05
Very creative! Loved the bit of Christian history. Need more like this.
I grew up in Chatauqua County and often attended programs at the institution. Thanks for the nostalgic moment!
07/20/05
Wow, it felt like I went back in time to another era. A place I had never been before. Lovely work. God bless ya, littlelight
In northeastern Wisconsin there is a Big Top Chautauqua, but they have favored more of a music and Garrison Keillor type format, nothing evangelistic as far as I can tell. And nowadays it costs quite a bit to attend. Thank you for bringing us back to a special time in history. Your entry made me wistful for old camp revival meetings and educational and cultural events like this again. Well done!
A fun historical moment and good look at "the good old days"! Enjoyed this very much.
07/23/05
Nice to be reminded that there were moments of rest, joy and simplicity to those who did it tough in the 'good old days'. Well written use of dialogue, intertwining characters, place and historical information.
07/23/05
Lovely - and I love the way Grandma and Mr Bryan became friends too!
07/23/05
History - blah! Although NOT one of my favorite subjects, you brought this story to life for me and made it fun (and in only 750 words!)LOL
Wonderfully fun and entertaining. Great job!
Blessings, Lynda
07/23/05
Very interesting, I'd like to learn more about this. Thanks for posting.
07/23/05
Sweet! Likewise, you made me want to learn more! I also thought the ending for Grandma was lovely.
07/24/05
A well written look back - really enjoyed it!