The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/24/08
Loved it :) especially the bit about climbing into the choocolate wrapper.
01/25/08
Now why are you talking about me? Good stuff.
I really really like this - can relate to each verse. You've pretty much captured the whole dieters experience here. In the end, one change at a time. This is a fun read with some really good advice. Portion control, portion control, portion control.
Cute title and fun poem. How appropriate for January!
Just great! Thanks for the smiles, and the lesson.
I enjoyed this fun and well-crafted poem.
Personally, I would have appreciated some more conventional punctuation.
01/26/08
very very well done!
01/28/08
So why am I sitting here typing instead of exercising? :-D
Great poem. Perfect for this time of year.
01/30/08
Good grief, have you been spying on me? That's just eerie!

Really, really good poem--I loved every stanza.
01/30/08
This is brilliant!

My fav line:
The week goes by, and finally ends
A fraught and fretful time
Into a chocolate wrapper she
Would dearly love to climb


Darling. Convicting.

Heehee, this was good, I liked the line with trying to swim in the pool. That's what usually happens when I try. Good job! ^_^
01/31/08
What fun! Your rhyme and meter are perfect (but you already knew that). I totally enjoyed your creative approach to the topic (with an entry many of us can relate to. :) )
01/31/08
Oh, so funny! You have exactly caught the hidden moments we ladies go through to keep and get fit! Love the whole thing.
01/31/08
Congratulations on your EC!!!! Bet you're losing it now! ;)
****Congrats!***
Congratulations on EC for this most delightful poem/
Great title that portrayed the conflict in your poem! I can relate, especially to the man in the pool.