The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1354 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A reflective prism is God’s word. This phrase is absolutely awesome to me. The entire poem is not only reflective but beautiful as well. Also, I have never heard of El-Roi before and was blessed to learn it to be one more Hebrew name for God.
07/29/10
Fantastic poetry- Each stanza built on the last- I especially like the stanza that said-Obstacles may be in the way so
He sends refracted light our way
In the looking glass of His word
I know my voice has been heard
El-Roi is the One who sees! Beautiful!
07/29/10
Beautiful word pictures. A delight to read!
I so understand "echoes of pain" I liked the prism idea and how it continued throughout the poem in a subtle and gentle way.
07/30/10
Beautiful imagery throughout this beautiful piece.
07/30/10
Giving our hurts to the Lord and letting Him change us is what it is all about. God bless you.
08/02/10
Wonderful, powerful words.
Very good poem! Loved the descriptions and beautiful message
I love the first stanza...

A reflective prism is God’s word
A place where His voice is heard
The hardened glass of my soul
Insulates, pretends I’m whole
Alone, angry and so afraid


Painted a picture for me. Good job throughout.
I really like how you expanded on the prism idea throughout your poem.
08/04/10
You have great word choices in this poem, like "insulating" and "illuminating"... and I loved your clever use of intimacy. Nice work!
08/05/10
Very unique approach to this week's topic. Enjoyed the word picture you created in the poem.
Congratulations on your first place finish! I liked all the different ways the light can reach a person in need, and basing it on Hagar really opened my mind to the breadth of God's grace. By the way, thank you for your kind words on my entry.
wow...
Thank you all for taking the time to read and give feedback.
wow...