The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1581 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
This gave me chills and tears in my eyes.

How beautiful and how heart peircing.

It's a must read, again, and again.

Loved the words and format.
This cuts straight through to the truth of the gospel! Who am I? Scar provider. What an image! Such a creative angle, yes, chillingly true and real. Wonderfully written!
Wow! I've added this to my favorites. I hope this places.

May the Lord continue to guide your quill as you write for the glory of Him.
Looking for a word to describe this - maybe riveting?? So much is said in so few words. Very well done! Just one of my favorite parts:

"crimson spurts forth,
covers me,
drips to the ground -
red pool of redemption."

Redemption rescues us from a sense of powerlessness - praise God! Redemption sets us free from whatever enslaves us - praise God! Redemption purchases our freedom because we are so loved - praise God!

08/30/06
"Who am I?
One who attaches
innocence to a cross...."

These are the words that jumped out at me. Such depth of insight, emotion, creative wordsmithing. Wonderful piece!
08/30/06
Very moving, very powerful and very creative! Excellent twist from the nail's perspective. I agree with everyone else. This is very well done! Great job, Laurie! :-)
08/30/06
You're a very gifted poet dear friend. Thank you for such an honest heart-rendering view from a nails perspective. I would never have thought to do what you have so skillfully accomplished. Bless you!
Exquisitely told . . .