The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 855 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I can feel your compassion for this man. Nicely done.
11/23/12
I assume this is a true story. If so, I admire your compassion for Ray and your dedication to ministering to him through correspondence.

I think your story could have been started with the second paragraph, directly with the action of you meeting Ray. It also might have been more powerful with dialogue, or portions of the letters you exchanged to more thoroughly show his state-of-mind.

Overall, a nice entry on topic!
You make some really good points in this story. Prison ministry is so important and I think many of us have certain prejudices about prisoners. You did a nice job of telling his story and giving us a peek inside his mind. Your last paragraph is quite powerful and shows a lot of insight.
11/27/12
Great job with this entire entry. Explosive ending which will touch many.
Thanks. God Bless~
11/29/12
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this interesting story! I also commend those who minister to incarcerated people--either those in literal prisons or in spiritual ones. CONGRATULATIONS on your first place level win! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
11/30/12
Good job writing about a painful and difficult existence. You humanized Ray which was what touched me the most in your story. Congratulations on your first win!