The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1206 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/22/10
A beautiful story.
It's amazing what we see through the inner eye. Great work.
I loved this story! Sitting here with goosebumps of warmth and joy. What an encounter that will live on in everyone you share this with.

I can't wait for you to meet this Angel in heaven!
04/22/10
You left a lump in my throat. Good writing.
04/23/10
Very touching story. Thanks for sharing it.
I really enjoyed reading this. Your descriptions were so well done and alive; it felt as if I were there with you. (One misspelling: you meant "bass" voice rather than "base.") But that only made me hesitate a second so I could get on with the wonderful narrative. It's a beautiful and moving piece.
I once had a detached retina after a major move across state, no new job yet, and only six months left to finish the last (and hardest) independent study class. I still remember the fear of losing my sight and not finishing my degree after eight long years of full-time work and full-time school...so your tale definitely reminded me of God's faithfulness and help. It felt like I was sitting on the bench with you and listening to your visitor too. Good job.
sorry, plz edit my prior comment...full time school and part of the time full-work. I really enjoyed the piece.
04/26/10
Touching story, so very beautifully written. I would love to know if this is based on a real experience? Glad to see you taking part in the Challenges!
04/26/10
oh... I enjoyed this! Flander's Field is a favorite poem of mine too. Nice work!
This is delightful. Like it says in the Bible we may be entertaining angels unaware.
Beautiful story!! I enjoyed it very much. Angel encounter articles are my favorite.
Congratulations in placing in the top 40 over-all and in 2nd for your level. Good job!
04/30/10
This is a lovely moving piece - I'd love to know if the Reader left anything else in the note - but now I think about it, love was the best message. Congratulations on your placing at your level and 20th overall! Well done.
04/30/10
Your placements with this engaging story are well deserved. I kinda expected the reader to be the hospital chaplain, but oh, He was so much more. Truly liked this one.