The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1078 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/11/08
What a wonderful grandmother she must have been. You wrote a lovely tribute to her. I like the use of scripture in your entry, too.
I loved the Proverbs 31 verses interspersed. Work on this to smooth it out and send it for publication with a name more suited to the Proverbs. Above all keep writing - you have a heart for God.
04/11/08
This worked well, a satisfying contrast between the ugliness of death and the beauty of the tender spirit. I particularly liked your catchy title.
On a stylistic note I would have tempted to italicise the Scripture quotations to make them stand out from the main text.
I really like how you melded the examples of your grandmother with the scriptures. I agree that italics would be nice for the scriptures to separate them from the rest of the text.

This was a nice way of paying tribute to somebody, and it was interesting to see how all of her action's reflected the verses in Proverbs.

Thank you for sharing.
04/12/08
Very nice! I also enjoyed the way you wove the familiar proverb into your eulogy for your grandmother
What a great tribute to your Grandmother. You have woven her characteristics with scripture beautifully.
Well done!.
This is lovely. Using the scriptures with the story adds a very nice touch. Well done.
04/14/08
The prelude was very moving, and the eulogy quite effective married scripture with characterization. Unique and well-written.
04/15/08
I really liked this and enjoyed it a lot. Keep writing for the Lord!

~Becky
04/15/08
I love the flow with the scripture. You did a beautiful job here!
I hate to repeat but I just have to... I love, love, love how you used Proverbs 31 and specifically shared how your Grandma lived the verses. Beautiful. Creative. Touching.
04/16/08
I love the format--comparing the Proverbs 31 woman to Grandma's character. Nice job with the topic.
04/16/08
This is a Eulogy AND a wonderful devotional. Well done.
WOW! I am amazed here, I love how you took the entire Proverbs 31 and turned it into something precious-you kept my attention all the way out and I loved this! ^_^
04/16/08
A true Proverbs 31 lady, indeed! I hope this entry propels you to Level 2 (Intermediate).
04/17/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. I'm so glad to see this one placed.
Wow. What a wonderful testimony to your grandmother. Very well written and certainly deserving of second place. Congratulations and God Bless!