The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1215 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/01/14
Ahhhh.... so touching!

I saw my father grieve every day for Mama. I'm glad this ends with a happy tone.
Wow this is just raw emotion on the page filling my heart. You managed to fill the page with the pain in such a beautiful yet sad way. This is a stunning poem.
02/01/14
This is a lovely free verse. So poignant it brought tears to my eyes. Very well done, poet.
02/01/14
You took sorrow and wrapped it in wonderful, descriptive language. The widow's pain was palpable - so real. I love how you contrasted," shawl of darkness" with, "the illuminating glimmer" and "glow of day."

Poetry at its best!
02/02/14
I really liked the progress of this; travelling through the darkness of grief and then slowly seeing the light that brought hope.

The resemblance in the faces of family was, I thought, brilliantly done.
02/02/14
You have captured the slow dawn of light through the gloom of grief so poignantly. Very thought-provoking and comforting material. Well done.
Magnificent. I love every line, every heartbeat ...
02/04/14
Beautifully written, with such a poignant message. Our loved ones do, indeed live on in the ones left behind.
02/05/14
Excellent poem! So masterfully descriptive of one being trapped in the darkness of depression and then seeing the light beyond in the face of family! Outstanding!
02/05/14
Moving and powerful!

God bless~
02/06/14
I love this beautiful, poignant poem! I'm SO pleased to see the EC attached to it! Congrats, dear friend.
Have just read this Verna and it is SO beautiful. Exquisite descriptions of enveloping grief and the gentle healing touches of the Saviour. Just lovely. Many congratulations.
02/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~