The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 604 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/13
Great devotional material. Yes, life is pretty flat without Jesus. You might want to rework this awkward sentence: "Along with a few good memories of kindergarten, tomato soup and a grilled cheese, watching sheriff John after school (oops, I gave away my age), I noticed how salty this soup tasted."

Good job! Keep writing:)
01/11/13
I liked your analogy. It brought back good memories of one of my favorite childhood meals. Personal ancedotes are always a great way to pull your reader into a devotional piece. Well done.
01/11/13
Good message. It brought back good memories to me; although, I confess I don't know who Sheriff John is.
This is an interesting devotion. I like the Bible verse you used and the way you showed your point. Nice job.
01/14/13
Good message. God Bless~
02/07/13
I enjoyed this story about the can of tomato soup. Sometimes we do not savor the flavor of food because we are mindlessly eating and don't really pay attention to the true flavor. We should enjoy the time we have to reflect about what Jesus did for us.

The sentence that really spoke to me was the part about how if we do not stay close to Jesus each day we can not show others we are the true salt of the earth.