The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1395 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/20/09
This was a good story with a good lesson to be learned. I felt like I was right there. But what book were you reading? LOL.
08/20/09
Now, here in Ohio, we don't HAVE to pretend, but I always wondered what the Southern folks did to get in the wintry "mood" at Christmas--now I know-LOL. Fun read!
08/21/09
A challenge to listen to God and living in the real world, nicely wrapped. A few typos to deal with if you wanted to submit it eslewhere. yeggy
08/21/09
Oh, forgot to comment - you could have saved yourself a couple of words here: '“Hey. What are you doing?” she asked."'You don't need the dialogue tag because of the nature of the sentence and the '?' :-)
You wrapped up an important lesson in your well written story.
A mother can never really get her private time. Until the day they all leave home, and then after a short season . . . you will be bored and miss them.

I related to this story and I was reminded when I just needed my moments too. . .

But then my biggest kid is still at home and is about to retire!!!!
08/25/09
I enjoyed this and had to smile at your faked knowledge of "making a snowman".. Very clever!
Good read with a wonderful reminder to parents. I really liked the "snuggle up with the Kindle." Congrats on the EC.