The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1491 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/08
Perfect title for this sad story, but with a happy message. Preparing our hearts for the Lord brings each of us peace.
10/30/08
Lovely characterisation, and the slightly edgy personality of the dying woman salted the piece well. Moving and well-written.
11/02/08
Oh, your characterization of Lisa is excellent, and realistic. Very well done and an excellent ending (and story overall).
Painfully real as every year people watch loved ones die at the holidays...excellent writing.
11/03/08
This brought tears to my eyes. What a powerful reminder of how often the seasons that 'should' be happy are laced with pain, but how Jesus injects joy even in the middle of that pain.
I was touched by this sad story. I felt for the MC, losing her friend, but am glad that Lisa opened the door to a lesson about Jesus. One thing that bothered me was how curt Lisa was with Roger. I felt as sorry for him as I did for the two women, maybe even more so. Excellent writing!
11/03/08
So sad, this brought tears to my eyes.
Well written.
This must have been very difficult to write, but your friend would be proud that you did it so beautifully, painting her lovely character and witness for us all to see.
11/06/08
This is a beautiful tribute to a friend. It's true: both of the holidays that celebrate Jesus--Easter and Christmas bring the hope of Heaven clearly in focus...and our loved ones who are there have the best celebrations of all!
11/06/08
So thankful this placed, Kristen, and that it will be in print for all to read. A beautiful tribute masterfully written. Congratulations.
Congratulations, Kristen, on EC placement for this lovely tribute.
Congratulations on your well deserved EC placement!
Beautifully written story of friendship with a wonderful connection to Jesus and Christmas. Congrats on your EC placement. It is well deserved.