The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1671 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ah you got me. I was just waiting for the little girl to climb on Santa's lap. This was a very creative way to show patience.
08/31/08
EXCELLENT! You played absolutely fair with the reader, but gave us a "gotcha" nevertheless.
08/31/08
Aww! This was so sweet and perfectly executed. Well done!
09/01/08
And I thought it was Santa! You know what? The way you presented this really gave me a notion of what it would have been like to be in the crowds waiting to see, to touch, to talk to Jesus. This is well-written. Love it!
Very nice! I thought she was standing in line for Santa Claus at first (no doubt that was intentional!)
09/01/08
Got me on this one! Super twist!
bty...Jesus IS worth waiting for!! :)
09/01/08
Well, with all the errands, cooking, cleaning,etc. I was pretty sure it was...
The ending was a nice surprise. I love happy endings and this one was great!
09/01/08
Very smooth transition from the supposed Santa to Jesus. You also moved--smoothly glided-- us back over 2000 years from a supposed modern day experience. I'm glad you used a Santa analogy because I often wonder how kids (my daughter in particular) feel about God once they discover that Santa is a myth. Well-crafted transitions and an original idea. : )
09/02/08
Very clever. Like everyone else, I was fooled. Good job.
What a precious story...Blessings, Bella