The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1663 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I agrre .. an awesome and strong opening! The title was great, too, and added strength to the story. I was touched by the MC's best friend's love and the reality of God's love in their eyes that refelcted Chauncy as He sees her. This would be a wonderful and timely story for a Christian Teen magazine!( hint, hint)Get out that Sally Stuart guide!
03/10/07
I agree that this would make a solid teen article. It has a wonderful message that needs to get out. I WAS that teen size 16. You had me right there in the mirror. However, I got a bit confused with the eyes of hope, etc. I wasn't sure what was going on. It could very well just be me, but have a look at this before you submit it. A few careful changes could avoid confusing someone like me. That having been said, keep in mind that I'm 55 years old, confused about most things and not exactly in your target audience for the teen market.
03/12/07
Great beginning and good dialogue throughout. "Phased should be "fazed," though, in one sentence! Definitely a teen story with a relevant message! Good job! :)
Neat friends. Good story.
03/24/07
Nice story, Pat! I really liked the way Chauncy's friends were so encouraging, trying to make her feel better, make her a part of things. When heavy, you sometimes limit yourself in having fun and enjouing life because you truly do not want any attention paid to your predicament. You've hit the nail on the head and I think this story really could minister to young girls, perhaps even to young guys. They do have worth, even if heavy. Good job!