The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 985 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
OK, this is too cute. I smiled more as I read. I'm still smiling now. Great fun. :)
01/16/09
VERY cute story, written with a superb voice and self-deprecating humor.
01/16/09
Told entertainingly. Good job.
01/19/09
A very witty and creative tale.
This was SO like my own sense of humor, I can really appreciate the tongue-in-cheek inferences and relate well to your writing. Thank you for a piece that I enjoyed very much. Your descriptions and imagery are "right up to the mark"!
01/21/09
My favorite line: "Distracted by the burning inferno..." This was one of the funniest stories I've read in some time. I loved it! Thank you so much for writing it.
01/22/09
Congratulations on your Highly Commended. This is quite funny, and I could feel for your poor MC. Very creative story for the topic.
This was so good! I laughed all the way through from "clambering onto the airport shuttle", "the pendulous limbs" to the twitching eyelids.

One of my favourite sentences was "Distracted by the burning inferno, I felt no resentment at the staff member’s obvious scepticism about my sobriety. At that point I was still cognisant enough to realise that my swaying gait and the tendency of my eyes to roll back in my head may have lead outsiders to believe I was intoxicated."

Well done, you have a nice flair for humour.

01/23/09
Hee-hee! What a delightfully funny story! CONGRATULATIONS on your well-deserved "Highly Commended"! :)