The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 924 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/12/06
Nice comforting story line. I did notice a minor misspelling, alight/alright. On a personal preference of mine, I noticed that you used the word "peace" eight times within the story. It had a sense of trying to over emphasize the topic. I'm sure this wasn't the case, but that's the way it read to me. A suggestion might be to use other metaphors and attributes of "peace" rather than using the word itself too many times. Like I said this is just a preference of mine and doesn't mean that it's wrong the way it is. Your wording painted beautiful images in my mind, I was there. Good Job!
06/13/06
Nice story with a romantic twist. See if you can work a little more on 'showing' not 'telling' - in my opinion you haven't done quite enough of the former. I enjoyed the read.
06/14/06
This was an enjoyable read. I assumed the character wasn't a Christian because of her vague search for personal peace - and then she was talking about believing in God as if she's done that all her life. That left me a bit confused. But overall, I think this was delightful, and the romantic twist at the end was very cute!
I agree with the others, but this has the potential to be an excellent story.

One note, however, most Christians actually struggle with the issues of peace as much as nonchristans do. The difference is that we know where our Source of Comfort is. Unfortunately, though, most of us only go to the Source after we have exhausted all of our own resources trying to do it on our own. Good story.