The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1770 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You have some great descriptions and phrasing here. I found the story a bit confusing though. I'll be interested to read your future comments to see what others think. :)
05/13/06
Wow! What a creative look at John's last days and his obedience contrasted with his passion to be back with Jesus, face to face. I'm unsure, though, what the last task is. Yeggy
This is truly incredible. Your gift for writing is very evident in your writing. What descriptions, what words! Such a beautiful depiction of this story. Fabulous job.
You did an awesome job of John's last days. The last job, one of the most controversial, yet important books of the New Testament. Thanks for such a brilliant image of one of my favorite authors in God's Word.
05/15/06
What beautiful depictions and your descriptive language brought the reader in to another world. I loved the ending where John is obviously receiving his task - the revelation! Spell binding, much like his own words - the hope we all cling to!
Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON, Sherry WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you my friend! Welcome to Masters! Yeah Sherry's coming with me!!!!!!!!
05/18/06
Wow, Sherry, this is just incredible. CONGRATULATIONS! You hooked me right into the story. I had read that they had tried to kill John before he was exiled, but the way you put this into a story is awesome. John is my "favorite disciple" because of his love for the Lord...which you so clearly portray in this story. Excellent!
05/18/06
If the essence of a man could ever be painted, you have done so in the eyes of my mind. Very nice indeed.
05/18/06
Since I just "discovered" you, through your comment on my writing (which thrilled my heart, for sure!) I have to tell you how delighted I am to see your name in the Editor's Choice list. Well deserved, this is definitely Masterful writing. Congratulations, friend!
05/19/06
Brilliant piece, deserved its win. COngratulations
Wow! A well deserved win! I love your descriptions!
A great job of bringing John to life, Sherry. Congratulations on the recognition by the judges. I will keep my eyes open and eagerly look for more of your work to read in the future. This is a great piece.
Well done, descriptive, vivid, involving, and full of emotional invitation!