The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 964 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/11
Loved this line: "...why is it that being critical of others twists so much natural beauty out of a face?" How true. How well put. I enjoyed this story. It brought tears to my eyes, too.


I really, really liked this. WOW. You got me with the ending, I didn't see that twist coming, but it was beautiful. I loved how the title fit it when I had figured it all out. Very, very nicely done. This has such truth inside that is so easy to forget sometimes because of how much a daily routine and necessities are ingrained into the human mind. This was beautiful though. I absolutely LOVED it.
05/24/11
Sad, thought provoking and inspiring all at the same time. My heart ached for this young man and his kids and was hoping the MC was a friend (possibly female) who was going to reach out to this hurting family. I was surprised by the spiritual MC, but found the ending comforting when I gave this a second read.
05/26/11
Maybe chalk it up to being up all night at work, and reading these stories now that I am home... I, too, had to give this a second read to "get it" but once I realized who your MC was... all I could think is "wow!"
Congratulations on your level and EC placement.
Graham Starling you have captured the Father's grace. Well done. Congratulations on third place in the Master's catagory.