The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1538 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/24/10
Your metaphor with the ink well and the writer's inspiration is wonderful. I love how the period setting enriches this. I could see each action of your MC and was there in his thoughts. Very very nice!
05/25/10
This was so rich with meaning. Loved the atmosphere and the frustration of the writer. Loved Anna's quiet support. Wonderful!
05/25/10
Hi Marita!

This captivated me from beginning to end. My mind raced while I pieced together the characters and his task. I wondered what it was he needed to write. Was it something to document a moment in history that could be shameful? Was it a testimony of an unjustice he had to share before he burst?

You set a nice scene that left the reader curious, wanting to know more. good job.
You covered last week's topic and this week's, both with this descriptive scene. I enjoyed seeing the picture unfold.
I hope you extended this story into next wek so we can all find out what he needed to write. I'm turning blue.
Loved the story and the title! A very intriguing well written mystery to say the least! Congrats...
05/27/10
I admire a writer who chooses present tense and does it well.
I so wanted to know what the 2 lines said. You portrayed the angst within him, the love and acceptance and wisdom of his wife and the curiosity of the cat.
Haunting and special.

Mona
05/28/10
Congralations on your EC Marita. Beautifully and gently written.

I just loved the patient, supportive wife who already had the ink well full for the next day. I know this was meant to be about writing, but I got a lesson for marriage out of it too!