The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2235 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/09
I would love to see the Northern lights but don't think I'd like to sleep in the igloo:) I like this story. It's full of hope and promises. Great job.
I'd love to visit this place and see those lights. I'm sure it was a magical event!

Your title fits your story perfectly, and I love how you correlate the couple's cold relationship with the ice surrounding them.

Very skilled writing! :)
03/02/09
This is absolutely gorgeous, with an incredible parallel. I love the softening of her, and his, attitude through this piece. Wow.
03/02/09
This is gorgeous--and there is NO WAY that I would stay in an igloo. Great mood.
03/02/09
Wow. I think THIS might be your best entry. Ever. And for the record I kinda like the idea of an igloo. After an experience like this I don't think there'd be any trouble staying warm. Igloo might melt actually.
Full of emotion, and hope. Love it!
03/02/09
The ice hotel and the aurora borealis is a fabulous juxtaposition/ metaphor for an icy marriage turned warm under God's hand. Nicely written.
03/03/09
I thought this was perfectly tender, without being goopy; that's a tough balance!
I too would pass on the igloo. I might feel differently come August or so! Excellent writing...
Excellent story of reconciliation!
I loved this. Very powerful and beautifully told without being too soppy.
03/04/09
Don't ask, just read this story. You won't believe your eyes! Wonderful entry!
03/04/09
Wonderful, from the title right to the end! Loved the part where Jack told her that he couldn't help... I was holding my breath. Well written and inspiring.
03/04/09
Oh man I have always wanted to see the Northern lights. AND I would be willing to see them in an igloo all night curled up with my hubby. ;)Great story!
Great stuff! I liked it and I loved the voice you had in this piece.
This is a beautiful story on so many levels. I loved how the recognition of God's power through the beauty of nature brought the beginnings of healing to your mc's marriage.
03/05/09
Congratulations on your EC. You did a great job of making a beautiful story out of a beautiful event.
The emotions were so real that I could literally feel them myself. I thought your setting for the encounter and subsequent revelation could have not been better. Congratulations for placing with the entry.
03/05/09
Congratulations, my friend! I am so very proud of you! What a great story!
03/06/09
Now THIS is a story. I loved every bit of it. Made me cry and gave me hope at the same time. Congratulations on a well-written story.
03/06/09
Awesome, Shirley! Painting such a moving, stiring motivation for married couples to seek God's help in putting His spark back into their marriages, against a backdrop of an endless day and the Northern Lights.
03/06/09
I loved this story!

Definitely made me tear up - you handled the emotions of the MC very well. Congrats on the win - you certainly deserve it.

And your husband's comment is classic! LOL!