The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/03/07
Love the repetition of the verse, and the wonderful images in each stanza. Your last stanza is also a gem! This is convicting on so many levels - and masterfully crafted.
08/05/07
Excellent poetry, with everything a good poem should have--very effective use of repetition, too.
08/05/07
Oh, this was great. I loved it.

The only thing I might suggest is to tie in that last stanza to the others by changing the line "His heart is sad" a bit and adding it to the end. Maybe to "Our hearts are glad" or something like that.

I liked the repetition of the line "His heart is sad." It was very effective and made everything fit together well.

Beautifully done! You've put a wealth of truth into a clear, straight-to-the-heart-and-mind poem! Bravo!
This reminds of the hymn, "He." The message is very similar.
I always loved that song, so it was easy for me to love your poem, too. Good rhyme, and good message. Well done.
08/06/07
A good reminder of the way we should try to live so His heart is glad, instead of sad.
08/07/07
A heartfelt message to embrace and lead us closer to Him. Perfect in every way!
08/07/07
Beautiful poem!
08/08/07
Great repetition and great imagery! Well done ^_^
Yes, amen! So true. Well written. Sometimes we forget just how sad God must feel when mankind flits life away and destroys what God has created.I really like this one hon.
08/08/07
Very nicely written.
Your title says it all. What a bittersweet and wonderfully written poem. Good job. ^_^
We took the same approach this week on this topic - I really like the way you were able to capture it so meaningfully in poetic form.
Wonderful job.
You did a great job of expressing the sadness God feels in this poem. Great writing.
08/09/07
I loved the repetition. This was a great message woven throughout.
This is wonderful! It was so moving and convicting to hear the things that make God sad. Great job.
This is such a good entry. I so wish it had won; it's that good. Your poetry flows so beautifully without being forced and it's such a pleasure to read! Very well done, my friend.