The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1222 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/14/06
I'm glad you described the mother as being real. Her lashing out at her daughter through her own pain was realistic. I can't imagine the broken hearted feeling she must have had. I'm glad she found hope in the end.
09/14/06
You told this heartbreaking story with passion and a hope for a better tomorrow! Wonderfully written!
Aside from the strong writing, what held me was the realism in the mother's character. She really felt worn down and worn out. Very good indeed. God bless. xx
09/15/06
Oh, yes--this mother's pain is absolutely real. I've often described my similar spiritual state after my daughter's accident as "shaking my fist at God," and that's the sort of mood you've portrayed here--with a beautiful blossoming of hope at the end.
I felt your pain!
Excellent job of relating a painful, yet hopeful story!
09/16/06
Very honest and realistic story. We adopted three older children with "special needs" after we had three of our own and the part where the mother snapped at her daughter -- well, oh how I understand that!

I like the way you ended it -- there was hope. That's all a mother needs! The ending preserved the realism you conveyed. I noticed a few little mistakes here and there that you may want to go back and rework a bit, but the story itself was very good! God bless you! :)

09/16/06
I felt the mother's pain, but there was hope in the end. That's what we need to keep us going, with faith.
09/16/06
I've worked in this garden too. Thank you for the healing words and hope. This story has a mission to minister. Very well done and anointed. God bless.
09/18/06
Exceptional characterization and description. This definitely held my attention throughout. I could definitely feel the mother's pain. Excellent!
Whether or not this story placed is really beside the point. It's a winner. The hope you've sown with this story in the soil of so many souls will not go without a harvest. All the compliments I can dig deep into my heart and come up with for you to encourage you to keep spreading and planting seeds of hope can't possibly suffice. May the Lord, sincerely, cause His face to shine on you. Be blessed, Treava