The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1802 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/08/06
Your title snagged me, and your poem got me. This is pure delight, both the message and the format. The rhythm swings like it needs to be put to music. I can almost hear my favorite, Johnny Cash, strumming his guitar and singing your story!
09/10/06
A delightful set of lyrics for a song! I can hear it now...in my mind. The rhythm is perfect in some verses, but off meter in some others, but the message is positively there LOUD and Clear. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
09/10/06
This was terrific. I loved reading it, from beginning to end. And then to know it was real was a great encouragement too. Good work!
09/11/06
Not a perfect song, but certainly a fun one. Good job!
09/12/06
What a great message and encouragement set in a unique style. Great fun and wonderful knowing it is based on fact. Blessings to you.
I was having so much fun down on Lester Richey's farm! I too, wanted to sing and enjoyed the little history at the end.
09/12/06
I REALLY enjoyed this! My toe was definitely tapping to the beat! And what a message - and based on truth, too! How awesome is that!
09/13/06
Okay, I love this! Top 10? The breaks in meter didn't matter to me except "entreat-ed" threw me off for a moment.
09/14/06
Congratulations, Sharlyn! I'm glad to see this exquisite "song" recognized for all to see. I hope you pursue this all the way to the Music Hall of Fame :)
09/14/06
Congratulations on your "Highly Commended" win! God bless you as you continue to grow in your gifts and talents! Very, very well done!
I loved this! Congrats on your achievement. This one is a keeper. Blessings.
09/15/06
Sharlyn, excellent job and congrats on your HIGHLY COMMENDED!! Your placing put a smile on my face.
God bless.