The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1021 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/19/13
You are a true craftsman when it comes to writing. This story brought tears to my eyes and a lasting impression of such a great truth. I'm going to have my husband read this before he sets out to do the finishing trim work on our windows.
Blessings,
Francie
This is a beautiful piece. you grab the reader immediately and lay out the inner turmoil that the young MC is experiencing. I think you will touch so many people with this piece. Great job.
01/21/13
Awesome. Beautiful. Magnificent. Wow. I am so touched by this story. My dad used to work with wood, and made many birdhouses. The mention of "coffee cans and mason jars" brought a smile to my face, because that's how my dad stored nails, nuts and bolts, and screws. You brought a lot of memories back to me with your story. Thank you!
01/22/13
One word - BEAUTIFUL.

God bless~
The title hooked me, for I too am a woodworker. And the rest of the story rang true and was delightful to read. Well done.
01/24/13
WOW, this is GREAT!! What a touching story with such an important life lesson!! No wonder it got an E.C. and a level win!! WAY TO WRITE!! :)
Whoo-hoo! Happy dance!! Congratulations on your EC!!!
01/25/13
Your title applies to sewing wood-working, and as you so beautifully portrayed, to the steps we carve out on life's journey.

Well done! Congratulations
01/25/13
ongrats. God Bless~