The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1655 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/17/06
This is a GREAT story, but a complicated chore for the Reader who... let's say is just reading for relaxation or enjoyment - as he or she has to really concentrate on two stories merging into one. Creativity is great for a Contest - but sometimes turns a simple story into a difficult chore for the mind of the Reader. This said, it is creative and well done. Nice job.
06/19/06
Complicated story with too many stories to follow in a short essay, and in my estimation, improbable scenes. However, your flair for story telling is evident. I look for more and better things. Keep writing.
06/21/06
I thought you wrote this well though abit difficult to follow. You might want to try spacing the thoughts up somwhat for an easier follow. Your details were good!:)Very creative!
06/22/06
Well, dear writer, you and I must have minds on the same wavelength, because I don't notice the problem mentioned in the other comments. This reads like a movie, where one scene fades into a related background scene, building the tension. The only thing that gave me pause was "The crumpled war machine laid...." I think it should be "lay," if I'm correct in recalling the past tense of "lie." I like your writing, it is rich---or rather "abundant" with words painting scenes in your reader's mind.
This was a little confusing to follow, but it is written very well.
11/02/09
I'm not confused. It's a great piece. I love the modern-day prophet and the picture of how God can use man for his miracles - a lesson I'm always trying to teach my kids.