The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 904 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/06
A wonderful stroll down life's musical memories. I loved how you tied together the beginning and end with "and the windows were open" in your last paragraph. We became young again.
09/01/06
I loved the trip down memory lane. The nice thing about maturity is that you don't care whether or not the windows are open, or who sees you! Good job!
09/05/06
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I enjoyed this so much. I loved the open window part. Nowadays everyone seems to be afraid of their neighbors and this is so sad. Music, too, has undergone a change for the worst. Screaming and yelling take the place of actual singing.
09/06/06
A delightful memoir. I loved 'I think music has to be pretty good to improve on silence.' The older I get the more I appreciate silence. Yeggy PS Check the word laughter. :-)
09/06/06
What a wonderful walk down "memory lane" (though they weren't my memories - a bit young for them, though I've heard many!) I also loved the line "I
think music has to be pretty good to improve on silence." - and definitely got a kick out of the Edith Bunker imitation line. Great job! Your ending was particularly nice too!
09/07/06
I really enjoyed this piece! I liked how you tied it all together with an open window. (The title, the beginning and the end.) Thanks for sharing these memories! They made me smile.