The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 948 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/05/05
This piece was well done. It was a contrast to the theme of spring bringing life, but I feel that it worked well with the theme.

Be carefuly how many times you use the sentence structure "as this was happing". And watch for redundant word usage.

Overall, I rather enjoyed this piece! Thanks for sharing!
12/05/05
Quite a transition. Good action verbs. That "in additon" at the end is a spoiler. That's the good part about delete keys. :)
The sudden ending was quite unexpected. Be careful of the grammar and endings of words..they can stop the reader from following the story if they have to figure out what was meant. Perhaps the ending was too much of a sudden stop...perhaps it was intended to leave us wondering.
12/06/05
The shift was abrupt as it was meant to be - especially so as it told in just two paragraphs. The description of the book was a distraction.
12/07/05
In the first paragraph, you liken the husband's snoring to a truck, then you write "All was quiet in her home..."

Smaller paragraphs would contribute to the mood of this piece.

Good job at lulling your readers into thinking it was one kind of story, then socking it to us.
12/09/05
You want honesty? You need to break these two paragraphs down into at least five, and do some editing; it has great potential, and with time, alot can be done with this story...Thank you for sharing; God Bless.
12/11/05
You said a lot, the ending was a surprise. Something like getting whacked with a baseball bat out the clear blue. I agree this was a good story, should have it paragraphed a little more.
Thank you for sharing! God bless ya, littlelight